Exhaust pipe gaskets are generally divided into exhaust pipe interface gaskets, muffler sealing rings, exhaust pipe winding gaskets, etc. There are various forms of exhaust pipe gaskets according to different models and styles. The commonly used interface gaskets are graphite, which is a high-temperature resistant material. Or mica and stainless steel punched sheet are compounded into composite board and punched out. The product has super compression resilience and high temperature resistance and sealing performance. The muffler sealing ring is mainly made of metal wire mesh and high temperature resistant graphite and pressed into a spherical shape through the special treatment of ceramic powder, so that it has better lubrication and sealing performance. It is the first choice for sealing products in the exhaust system of automobiles or motorcycles. The car muffler sealing ring developed by our company has been widely used and has developed many molds for different models. Exhaust pipe winding gaskets are generally used to seal the single-use circular joints of automobiles or motorcycles. The materials are generally stainless steel and graphite or asbestos, non-asbestos winding. There are two types of V-type and W-type. The exhaust pipe produced by our company Tracheal spiral wound gaskets have strong advantages and have been exported to Taiwan, South Korea, Europe and the United States and other countries and regions.
Performance characteristics of exhaust pipe gasket:
1. Has good compression and resilience performance.
2. It can achieve better sealing effect at high temperature.
3. Different structures and forms can be adopted according to different requirements. It can ensure the best sealing effect under different working conditions. It can meet the sealing needs of exhaust pipe systems of various automobiles and motorcycles.
Applications: Interface gaskets for exhaust systems of automobiles, motorcycles, and ships, silencer sealing rings, etc.
Precautions for installation of exhaust pipe gasket:
1. Improper installation. After the upper end of the muffler intake pipe is sleeved into the exhaust pipe interface gasket, insert it into the inner end of the exhaust pipe interface, and then press it with a flange and fix it with two bolts. Because there is a matching gap between the two, if the pressure is not tight or the bolts are loose, the high-temperature and high-pressure exhaust gas flow will follow the gap and directly rush to the round gasket, causing the flange of the exhaust pipe to be heated and deformed. The use of copper-covered stone brocade interface pads is easy to be ablated and damaged by this high-temperature and high-pressure exhaust gas flow.
2. The connecting bolt is loose. The bumps and vibrations of the car during driving will cause the muffler to be fastened to the suspension plate bolts of the car, and the nuts of other connecting parts to loosen and fall off, causing the two fixing bolts at the exhaust pipe interface to loosen. In this case, because the flange of the exhaust pipe is not tightly pressed and the seal is not tight, the impact of the exhaust gas flow is increased, and the round pad is easily ablated.
3. The plane of the exhaust pipe port is uneven. If the inner wall of the exhaust pipe port is not smooth and there are many impurities, it is easy to cause the false impression that the bolt has been tightened. At this time, there is a slight air gap on the end face of the interface gasket, which is not tightly sealed, and the gasket is burned under the impact of the exhaust gas flow.
When installing new parts, first remove the impurities on the inner wall of the exhaust pipe interface, and install a new gasket on the original interface gasket (that is, press-fit a new one and an old one). After driving about 200km, tighten the bolts again to avoid loosening, and always check the solid nuts of each connection part of the muffler, and they should not be loosened. Otherwise, the bolts at the round gasket of the interface will be loosened, and the sealing of the round gasket will fail and then leak.
At present, the commonly used materials are stainless steel 304, stainless steel 321, stainless steel 310, tinplate graphite and non-asbestos.
Why choose us
Professional seal manufacturer.